Paint Out Winslow Rules
Paint Out Rules
- Stamping: Only stamped, unpainted surfaces will be eligible for exhibiting and awards.
- Paint Out Winslow is a multi-day event. Painters may submit up to 6 paintings in total.
- Set-Up: Artists may choose their painting sites and set up their equipment before the competition officially begins at 8:00am each day.
- Where to Paint- A map will be provided suggesting where to paint and to show where our guest artists will be painting. This year’s theme is Historic Winslow. You will be provided with a map showing historic spots for painting on Bainbridge Island.
- FRAMING: Regardless of medium, pieces turned in for judging must be framed and, if possible, wired for hanging. Gallery wrapped canvases do not need to be framed, but must have painted sides. For works on paper, frameless glass frames are acceptable.
- STOP: All Artists must submit their competition pieces by 4:00pm Friday and Saturday. Submission time on Sunday is 2:00 pm.
- JUDGING: Prizes will be awarded between 3:00pm and 4:00pm the last day of the Paint Out, Sunday, September 8, 2019.
- SALE: Each painting submitted must have a title and price and is required to be for sale. Please print your NAME, TITLE and retail PRICE on the tags provided in your goodie bag. Washington state charges a 9% sales tax which will be retained from each sale. All Artists will retain 50% of the sales price; 30% by Winslow Art Center to help defray the costs of putting on the event, and 20% will be donated to Bainbridge Island Historical Museum for each piece sold. The monetary transaction for each artwork sold will be handled by The Winslow Art Center Staff. Any Artist who sells his/her artwork “on the side” to avoid paying the required commission will be banned from future events. Washington’s 9% State Sales Tax will be added to the price of each painting that sells which will be collected by The Winslow Art Center Staff. The Winslow Art Center will provide staff to handle the day’s transactions. Winslow Art Center Studios & Gallery will accept Visa/Ma/AmEx cash/check. Please print your NAME, painting TITLE and retail $PRICE on the tags provided.
- PICK-UP: Any unsold artwork will be held over until after Sunday’s awards and conclusion of this 2019 event. Art may be left for sale or be picked up at the end of the event at 4:00pm, September 8 (not before), unless arrangements are made otherwise.
- Paint Out Registration is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- This event is “rain or shine.”
Paint Out Participants are competing to win cash and other prizes to be awarded on Sunday, September 8, 2019, during the closing reception.
In addition to, the opportunity to be seen and sell their work throughout the three-day event the following prizes will be awarded as deemed by
our judge Lois Griffel.
First place: 1000.00
Second place: 500.00
Third place: GIft Certificate for a workshop at Winslow Art Center Studio & Gallery (value 300.00)
Peoples choice: A gift basket of goodies from notable, and generous Bainbridge Island storefront owners