Paint Out Winslow
Rules and Schedule
1. CHECK-IN: 8:00am-8:30am, Saturday, September 8, 2018, at the Senior Community Center at 370 Brien Dr SE, Bainbridge Island, WA. Check-in is required. During check-in, painting surfaces will be stamped.
2. Only stamped canvas/board/paper will be eligible for awards. Unstamped surfaces cannot be entered in the judging and are not eligible for awards. Painting surfaces where painting has begun will not be stamped.
3. All works of art must be produced 100% during the event.
4. Artists may enter up to 2 pieces of artwork. There is no maximum or minimum size requirement for artwork produced in the event.
5. SET UP: Artists may choose their sites and set up their equipment before the competition officially begins at 8AM.
6. PAINTING BOUNDARIES: Artists are free to paint any part of Bainbridge Island, but are encouraged to paint in the Winslow area. A map will be provided to show where our guest artists will be painting, and pointing out suggested painting locations around Winslow.
7. FRAMING: Regardless of medium, pieces turned in for judging must be framed. They do not need to be wired for hanging. Gallery wrapped canvases do not need to be framed, but must have painted sides. For works on paper, frameless glass frames are acceptable.
8. STOP: All Artists must finish their competition pieces by 2:30PM. Artwork must be turned in for judging no later than 2:45pm at the Senior Community Center.
9. JUDGING: This year’s guest juror is Michele Usibelli. Prizes will be awarded between 6:00pm and 6:30pm during the Awards, Show & Sale.
10. SALE: Each painting must have a title and price and is required to be for sale. 100% of the sales of artwork goes directly to the artists. There is no commission taken by Paint Out Winslow for sales. Sales transactions of artwork will be handled directly by the artists. Sales tax on Bainbridge Island is 9%. Please print your NAME, painting TITLE and retail PRICE on the tags provided in your goodie bag.
11.PICK-UP: Any unsold artwork must be picked up at the end of the event at 7:00pm (not before), unless arrangements are made otherwise.
12. Registration is non-refundable and non-transferable.
13. Event is “rain or shine.”