Paint Out Winslow Rules
- Check-In/Stamping: Artists must check in each day. Surfaces must be stamped at the Winslow Art Center beginning at 8:00 A.M. and turned in the same day to be entered into the sale and competition. Paintings must be turned in by 4 P.M on Friday and Saturday and 12:30 P.M. on Sunday.
- Paint Out Winslow is a multi-day event. Painters may submit up to 5 paintings total.
- Painting Sizes: No work larger than 16″ x 20,” not including frame.
- Set-Up: Artists may choose their painting sites and set up their equipment before the competition officially begins at 8:00am each day.
- Where to Paint- This year’s theme is Historic Winslow, as this is a benefit for the Bainbridge Island Historical Museum. You will be provided with a map showing historic spots for painting on Bainbridge Island. Suggested spots are in Winslow and at Lynwood Center. You may, however, paint anywhere on Bainbridge Island.
- Framing: Gallery wrapped canvases and cradled panels do not need to be framed, but must have painted/finished sides and be wired for hanging. (Pre-painting the edges a solid color is acceptable so they are already dry for handling during hanging.) All other pieces turned in for judging and sale must be framed and wired for hanging. No sawtooth hangers. For works on paper, frameless glass frames are acceptable.
- Stop: All Artists must submit their competition pieces no later than 4:00pm Friday and Saturday. Submission time on Sunday is 12:30 pm.
- Judging: Prizes will be awarded between 2:00 P.M. and 5:00 P.M., Sunday, September 8, 2019, at at Winslow Art Center Studio & Gallery. Extra consideration will be given to paintings depicting historic Bainbridge Island buildings.
First place: $1000.00
Second place: $500.00
Third place: Gift Certificate for a workshop at Winslow Art Center Studio & Gallery (value $500.00)
- Sale: Each painting submitted must have a title and price and is required to be for sale. Please print your NAME, TITLE and retail PRICE on the tags provided when you turn in your paintings. All Artists will retain 55% of the sales price. A portion of the commission from the sale of each painting will be donated to Bainbridge Island Historical Museum. Any Artist who sells his/her artwork “on the side” to avoid paying the required commission will be banned from future events. Washington’s 9% State Sales Tax will be added to the price of each painting. Winslow Art Center will provide staff to handle each day’s transactions. Winslow Art Center Studio & Gallery will accept Visa/Ma/AmEx, cash and check.
- PICK-UP: Any unsold artwork will be held over until after Sunday’s awards and conclusion of this 2019 event. Art may be left for sale or be picked up at the end of the event at 5:00pm, September 8 (not before), unless arrangements are made otherwise.
- Only work present during judging (Sun 12:30-2:00pm) will be considered for the competition. Pieces sold on Friday and Saturday will only be part of the competition if they remain on display on Sunday.
- Work may remain on display and for sale at the Art Center through the First Friday Art Walk in October. Art not collected by 3pm Monday October 7th becomes property of the Art Center.
- Paint Out Registration is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- This event is “rain or shine.”
Paint Out Participants are competing to win cash and other prizes to be awarded on Sunday, September 8, 2019, during the closing reception. In addition to, the opportunity to be seen and sell their work throughout the three-day event the following prizes will be awarded as deemed by our judge Lois Griffel: First Place $1000, Second Place $500, Third Place $500 gift certificate to Winslow Art Center.